Saturday,  19. April 2014  -  09:08:08
English Deutsch Čeština Slovenčina Polski Magyar Русский 简体中文 繁體中文

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to BonusBonusBonus. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

deleteduser

Unregistered

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 6:37pm

Poker Books (Tournaments)

There are many good poker books with tournaments strategies and advices.
I can advise likely the most popular books about tournaments: "Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments" by Dan Harrington and "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" by David Sklansky. I think these are classic tournament poker literature with many theory and practice advices for players.

What books have helped you? Advise pls. :)

ilnoorik

Unregistered

Saturday, January 30th 2010, 7:36am

I observe that Harrington's book is very good, and it gives a lot of experience of reading it, but there are other types of books such as: book of Matthew Hilger. It gives a lot of experience to play online and I strongly advise you to read it for the fans of online poker. I like it a great help! :thumbup:

Romaine

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 10:52am

I observe that Harrington's book is very good, and it gives a lot of experience of reading it, but there are other types of books such as: book of Matthew Hilger. It gives a lot of experience to play online and I strongly advise you to read it for the fans of online poker. I like it a great help! :thumbup:

Romaine

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 10:54am

I just bought the first volume of the Harrington book and after having read the first few chapters I can highly recommend it and it is easy to read and understand, even in English.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Sklansky and Hilger books, will check them out as well soon. :)

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 9:49pm

what is the full name of Harrington's book

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Friday, August 13th 2010, 12:14am

well I just got all 3 of them today, plus the other guys so I got alot of reading to do

also thanks to Romaine for the link to show me the book

boloban25

Unregistered

Monday, August 16th 2010, 8:11pm

never read books on poker and the only thing I did was go to intelli poker learn poker and now dominate all types of poker, well almost all, if you do at poker to make money you need to read a lot and learn from those who know to play better every day, I hope someday to read a book of some professionals is a shame that here not to bring any of that but good thing seeing them learn to play.

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Monday, August 16th 2010, 9:10pm

wow intelli poker...I try learning from them, but alot of things i don't agree with on there site...I'll stick to the poker books and Full tilts poker school.

Romaine

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:31am

Regarding poker books, although not for tournaments: yesterday I started reading Harrington's latest one, the one on shorthanded online cash game and so far I find it fantastic.

A few weeks ago I finished reading his live cash game books and while they were great as well I found it real hard to apply what I learned as the action in Vienna is somewhat different from what is described in the book. So what I learned is really valuable but didn't make me any profit yet.

This book about online cash game play however.... seems just about right and I can't wait to finish it and apply the advice. So, my advice: Buy the 3 tournament books as they are excellent and the online version is a must-purchase if you are a beginner and struggling as well as if you are a seasoned player who wants to freshen up on the basics to improve his or her game!

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Friday, August 20th 2010, 1:57am

Regarding poker books, although not for tournaments: yesterday I started reading Harrington's latest one, the one on shorthanded online cash game and so far I find it fantastic.

A few weeks ago I finished reading his live cash game books and while they were great as well I found it real hard to apply what I learned as the action in Vienna is somewhat different from what is described in the book. So what I learned is really valuable but didn't make me any profit yet.

This book about online cash game play however.... seems just about right and I can't wait to finish it and apply the advice. So, my advice: Buy the 3 tournament books as they are excellent and the online version is a must-purchase if you are a beginner and struggling as well as if you are a seasoned player who wants to freshen up on the basics to improve his or her game!
I agree I have all 3 books and I like the 1st one so far, I can not wait to get in to the other 2.

boloban25

Unregistered

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:24pm

the truth I do not like reading a lot and I think that poker has no knowledge that plays really hard and strategically win, I have to read a poker book would be good but more would be wasting time because the end is little that can memorize and apply to change your game in poker sometimes you play as you play and according to the time, an example to us here we prepare for earthquakes, we are told to do and how to act, but when the true who know how to react,so is the poker is sometimes you play quiet moments sometimes you get desperate and that serves you read or a book, book on which the poker player if you receive income, is more business than anything else, what I think is good I hope not to offend anyone and if you read a book of such hope that they serve at the poker tables, good luck to all and see you at the tables.

Marius

Unregistered

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 3:10pm

I've heard a lot of good things on other forums about Harrington's book (strategic play), but I never got the chance to read it. I hope I can spare some time soon to check it out.

I sort of agree with boloban25, reading books on how to play a game doesn't seem like the fun way to approach the game, but on the other hand, when you play for money you do need all the help you can get. And if you guys like this book so much, I'll give it a read soon and let you know of my opinion.

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 2:58am

I've heard a lot of good things on other forums about Harrington's book (strategic play), but I never got the chance to read it. I hope I can spare some time soon to check it out.

I sort of agree with boloban25, reading books on how to play a game doesn't seem like the fun way to approach the game, but on the other hand, when you play for money you do need all the help you can get. And if you guys like this book so much, I'll give it a read soon and let you know of my opinion.

Harrington book's are a good read, but alot of stuff that he does write about I don't agree on. I currently got the new book that came out in June of this hear ( Harrington on Online Holdem micro and small 6 max) It a very good read, but some stuff I do disagree on , but its still worth to be pick up and read.

Romaine

Unregistered

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 2:15pm

Harrington book's are a good read, but alot of stuff that he does write about I don't agree on. I currently got the new book that came out in June of this hear ( Harrington on Online Holdem micro and small 6 max) It a very good read, but some stuff I do disagree on , but its still worth to be pick up and read.

+1

I think Harrington's books are really valuable for beginners and intermediates but since it is entirely impossible to give correct advice for all situations you encounter in poker it cannot be 100% spot on every time. And yes, I also disagree with some stuff that Harrington writes in his books - especially in the online cash game 6-max book but to be really honest, I am still not able to apply all the correct advice he gives because I am not yet skilled enough for it.

So once I am there and have moved up to be a better player, then I will read it again and give it another chance. The hardest thing for me atm is that I often know that my next move is actually a mistake (unless I get really lucky) but I still have this urge in me to call, raise or bluff or whatever else mistake it is.

Once I am able to get rid of that terrible leak, I believe the information in the books will turn out to be even more valuable

Dreams of Tragedy

Unregistered

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 9:21pm

I'm going to take a quote from bruce lee:

Take what is useful, and discard the rest

I think that can work when you are shaping up your own system, then yet again that quote can be use more other then poker.lol

boloban25

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 2:51am

I have it well documented, when and played with patience and strategy and made money, but when and played like crazy and see if luck is on my side and playing it all hopeless and lost, and it and learned from the experiences in the game no with books and expert advice, everyone knows that patience and intelligence rewarded in poker, and madness and despair kill any good player, no books, pure experience on the tables .....