Saturday,  25. October 2014  -  17:59:41
English Deutsch Čeština Slovenčina Polski Magyar Русский 简体中文 繁體中文

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to BonusBonusBonus. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Klaus

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 3:02pm

Is cricket popular in your Country?

For me, and for all italians, cricket is a rather strange game that looks like baseball, for all I know. And even though the american game of golf is catching on with many italians, I've never seen people playing cricket in Italy, at least not in Rome. We do have some large golf fields (biggest in Parco dell'Appia Antica, for example).

I've noticed cricket is very popular in India, but I don't think it is that popular with the europeans (except the british, of course :) ). Is it popular in your country?

funkeymonkey

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 6:06pm

Cricket...

The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the governing body worldwide and it has 10 full members (mostly countries colonized by the British) e.g. Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe and of course the West Indies.

The ICC also has associate members and I think there are a few European countries as well. I'm sure Italy is one of them. I know they also play cricket in Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands...

Still, I think cricket is a very "English" sport and it suits the British mentality. I don't think it will ever reach the same popularity within other countries! :(

Are you keen to play?

theratulz

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 2:19pm

well, cricket is a game that we are actually good at...i'm from bangladesh and it's like the staple game there...it is said that england invented the game cricket but people kept on beating them for a while, but we never got to beat them. however, they have just beaten australia in ashes and are doing good with it. cricket is the most popular sports in my country and india has the highest population feeding on cricket. they are crazy about this game and you will never see this much spectator anywhere else.

Maserati

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 2:57pm

i heard that > Cricket crazy big in Australia, Newzealand, India, Sriu Lanka, Bangladesh, etc....

betting on cricket is funny - action goes over some days, no??

theratulz

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 3:19pm

australia, new zealand is no where near as crazy as indians or bangladeshis when it comes to cricket...bettin on cricket is fun but it takes ugly looks because sometimes the players get involved and it doesn't look good at all....action goes for some days when it's test cricket...test cricket goes on for 5 days and one day internationals are just one day matches...:)

neospath

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 1:01pm

india india :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
we are a superfreak cricket fan...nowhere in the world is as crazy as us when it comes to cricket...and we whop everyone's butt as well...... :D :D :D

theratulz

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 8:34pm

uhm, for your information neospath, bangladesh did beat india in a few circumstances...you guys probably underestimated us or something...nevertheless, india is actually cool and i also support them... :thumbsup:

neospath

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 9:15pm

ya, we actually underestimated you there...nevertheless, you guys are actually improving a lot!! they whoped west indies and zimbabwe recently and your players have matured enough to..i wish you guys all the best in the future, and i hope you don't beat us again, coz then i'll skin you off... :P

24spike

Unregistered

Sunday, September 20th 2009, 2:06pm

I don't think there is somebody in my country who knows this game.
I think people who come from england, who normally know the game, forget it when they come to Romania. We have so much more interesting things to do.

This post by "funkeymonkey" (Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 5:51pm) has been deleted by user "funkeymonkey" (Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 5:52pm).

funkeymonkey

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 5:52pm

I don't believe an English cricket fan would actually "forget" about it, just because you have other nice things in your country... :huh:

What's your national sport then? Have you got one?

sweetrahman

Unregistered

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:02pm

I am from Bangladesh. In my country all people almost crazy about cricket. We really love to play and watch cricket. Cricket is now most popular game. Everywhere in my country children to teen age even old guys play cricket. We enjoy cricket and when our team beat other team that day make one of our festival day.

:thumbsup: Cricket is best game in the world :thumbsup:

razibur

Unregistered

Friday, September 25th 2009, 6:42pm

We are totally crazy about cricket. Children to old man all people believe that cricket our religion.

One popular sentence: We love cricket
we eat cricket
we drink cricket

karzaikhan

Unregistered

Saturday, October 3rd 2009, 5:20pm

My post is ; Yes, Very much popular in my country. Not only my country, Cricket is popular in ASIA....like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka... We asian people love to play cricket. Cricket is our life...its running on our blood. At last i just want to say, Cricket is much popular game in our country. We people are crazy about Cricket :thumbsup:

Maserati

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 3:10pm

can any asian user tell me the rank for asias most popular sports?? i would be really interested...

here in europe i would say:

1. Soccer
  2. Tennis
  3. Golf
  4. Maybe horses or formula1

...thats really just my opinion and if somebody thinks I am totally wrong - please tell me your thoughts...

Best Regards,
    Maserati

Romaine

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 4:52pm

I read once that Volleyball is like crazy popular in Asia, especially China and Japan but that was a long time ago and I am not so sure about the source's credibility...

Anyhow, seems to be Cricket must be crazy popular over there!

Rascepo

Unregistered

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 2:09pm

Thank
you for good communication.

AlanLendrum

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 10:14am

Yes, cricket is quite popular in Great Britain. There are also other games in our country, which are most popular than cricket.