eCOGRA - eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance
eCOGRA has no intention of affecting the rights and operations of the existing jurisdictions and organizations concerned about player protection, but seeks rather to compliment the efforts of these institutions. eCOGRA has been launched to address the setting of minimum operating conditions and ensure ongoing compliance by online gaming software suppliers and operators. Therefore eCOGRA offers a comprehensive charter to improve the integrity and security of gaming online.
|Trustworthy Casino Providers|
eCOGRA is an independent non-profit organisation that regulates online gambling, promotes fairness, responsible gaming and player protection and sets standards. Quick payouts, secure storage of confidential data, random games, honest advertising and reliability of the online gambling provider count among eCOGRA’s primary concerns. In order to achieve these goals, the company informs players about their rights and responsibilities via the media and the eCOGRA website. The organisation also acts as a dispute mediator in case of a disaccord between a player and an eCOGRA member and assures that members adhere to the rules of the organisation.
The company defines standards for the online gambling industry by providing an international set of regulations, the so-called eGAP (Generally Accepted Practices), for its ever growing number of members. The organisation continuously checks up on its members on a regular basis and supervises the company very carefully: legal capacity, handling of complaints, customer service, randomness of the games as well as measures against problem gambling. The Safe and Fair seal on the company’s website shows the player that he/she is visiting a secure and thoroughly tested gambling facility and he/she can open an account without misgivings. Among the numerous members, internationally renowned poker rooms like Bwin Poker and casinos like Platinum Play Casino can be found.
The company strives to contribute to a fast and efficient resolution of disputes. Players, who would like to turn to the arbitration service, are to consider the following rules:
- The player has to wait at least two weeks and try everything to solve the problem and negotiate a solution with the company before turning to this organisation.
- If a player has opened more than one account or participated in other illegitimate actions, his/her request for assistance will be declined
- While the organisation is working on the case, the player should not contact another arbitration service nor should he/she place posts regarding the complaint on any forums
- There is no need to deliver copies of correspondence between the player and the casino or poker room, eCOGRA will ask for them if required
- A clear and precise explanation of the situation is essential for the resolution of the problem; complaints including abusive or insulting language will be ignored
- The organisation will contact the player within two days after receipt of the complaint and will try to update him/her once a week
- eCOGRA only functions as a mediator, it does not have authority to enforce a certain outcome and it can not commit the casino or poker room to anything. If the gambling operator has violated the eGAP rules and is not willing to find an appropriate solution to the problem, eCOGRA may withdraw the seal of approval
- eCOGRA may not be able to mediate disputes associated with the legislation in the player’s jurisdiction
Complaints can be sent through an e-mail form that is available on the website.
Members agree to adhere to the eGAP rules and are audited and tested on a regular basis. The eGAP rules can be downloaded from the organisation’s website.
The awarding of the Safe and Fair seal functions as follows:
- eCOGRA submits all information concerning the eGAP review to the operator and relevant third parties like software and service providers
- eCOGRA performs the eGAP review and issues a report regarding eGAP conformity
- eCOGRA may request additional information from the company and third parties
- The awarding of the seal is based on eGAP compliance and other relevant information
- eCOGRA and the approved online gambling operator enter into a License Agreement
- The provider as well as all relevant third parties agree to regular eGAP compliance reviews to maintain the seal
The company tests the software of online casinos and online poker rooms using TGTR (Total Gaming Transaction Review). TGTR refers to the process used to assure the players that the software is 100% fair and secure. The Safe and Fair seal stands for integrity, reliability and security; on an approved site, the player can enjoy online gambling without misgivings.
- Mailing address
eCOGRA Limited, 2nd Floor
Berkeley Square, London
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7887 1480
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7887 1481
- E-Mail: email@example.com