DINERS CLUB Credit Cards - You belong here
- Diners Club cards at a glance
- Online purchase with a Diners Club card
- What additional fees are incurred?
- Support and security at Diners Club
Gambling Starters at a Dinner Table
Diners Club was founded in 1949 by Frank McNamara and his lawyer in New York. As the story goes, McNamara got the idea to create a credit card when he was at a restaurant and had forgotten his wallet at home. Shortly thereafter, he invented the first credit card, which he made out of cardboard. It wasn’t until 10 years later that the first popular version made out of plastic came into being, at a time when the company was already listed on the stock exchange.
|Online Casinos that support Diners Club|
|Online Poker rooms that support Diners Club|
Diners Club does not distribute its cards through card issuers (issuing banks); rather they assume the role of distribution and management themselves. Card holders receive a monthly bill with a list of all expenditures and revenue. An adequate creditworthiness is, however, required and must be proven by regular transactions.
- Australia: Diners club card: $ 95 AUD annual fee, $ 50 AUD for each additional card, rewards program, travel insurance.
- Canada: Diners club card: $ 99 CAD annual fee, additional $ 35 CAD fee per card, rewards program, travel insurance (up to $ 300,000 CAD), lost baggage insurance.
- New Zealand: Diners Club international standard card: rewards program, personal accident insurance. Various rewards cards: same features as the standard card with specific rewards programs (for example, rebates on gas, restaurants, etc)
- United Kingdom: Diners Club One card: No annual fee for the first year / £ 15 for subsequent years, card protection insurance, travel insurance, rewards programs
- United States: Charge card: $ 95 annual fee, additional $ 35 card fee, rewards program, travel insurance (up to $ 350,000), lost baggage insurance. Carte Blanche card: $ 300 annual fee, additional $ 150 card fee, rewards program, travel insurance (up to $ 1,000,000), lost baggage insurance, golf course access, hotel privileges, and other further benefits.
All Diners Club credit cards have flexible spending limits and offer access to more than 100 airport lounges worldwide, where you can feel like a real VIP in a pleasant atmosphere with drinks and snacks. Practically all lounges have free telephone, internet and fax connections and some even provide conference rooms.
The credit card number, date of expiration, name of the card holder and potentially the three digit security code must be entered into the corresponding fields of the payment window of an online vendor. Subsequently, the payment is then verified instantly and passed on.
This way, the payment takes place in real-time in the currency indicated. Diners Club automatically takes care of converting foreign currencies into the default currency of the account (charges incurred, see below). Bank transfers made to the credit card are also possible after specifying the necessary card information, for example in the case of a winnings payout in a game of chance. Direct payouts onto the credit card from online companies take place in real-time and the money is typically available immediately. The company is active in more than 200 countries worldwide. Trading partners are immediately recognizable through the Diners Club logo. Good news: Also in the world of virtual casinos, such as at Jackpot City or William Hill, Diners Club credit cards are offered as a payment method.
Fees depend on the individual cards and offers available. A 4% fee is generally applicable for cash advances at ATMs, though additional charges may also apply. For example, UK customers are charged a minimum of £ 4 for cash withdrawals and Americans $ 4, whereas Canadians have no minimum charge. A foreign currency fee is also charged for most cards, which typically amounts to between 2-3% of the transaction amount. Diners Club has established a country-specific website for most countries. Generally speaking, the following languages are represented: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Taiwanese and Thai.
All personal data of customers are protected through high security standards and work practices. Personal details are not passed on to third parties. Diners Club card holders are constantly reminded to keep their credit cards safe and, in the case of theft, to have their card cancelled immediately in order to prevent card misuse. Diners Club is owned by Citigroup and is part of the Diners Club International network. Their headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois. The Diners Club customer service can be reached by phone, email/contact form, fax and mail. The company is also on Twitter, YouTube and of course Facebook.